Sunday 23 August 2015

Istanbul

My photographic skills don't do justice to the beaauty of Istanbul
After 5 weeks and 3954 km I have reached Istanbul. If this was my final destination it would be a fitting end, it is a most spectacular place. 14 million people live here and most seem to be fishing off the bridges. I am spending four nights in a good apartment before going on to explore eastern Turkey, then Georgia.
Reaching the Bosporus, Istanbul
The Gelato Bridge, connecting the old and new parts of the city.

5 comments:

  1. Two posts in one day! Thank you. I am going to print off some of your photos for father. I'm planning to visit Dorset next weekend as long as the proposed train strike is called off.
    I am amazed at how far you have travelled in such a short space of time.
    Enjoy Istanbul. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dom , great stuff ! The frequently over done 'trip of a life time' must surely be appropriate for you with your trusty bike .
    Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dom,
    Trip sounds ace. Right in the thick of of it now. Watch out for those mental ISIS types. (I assume the Daily Mail gives me accurate information!)
    Fred done but not with 40kg on board.
    Take care.
    Jake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to read that you did a Fred. I think I know how you willl of felt, I did 3 days in the Turkish mountains and they almost finished me off. Now on a slightly saner route.
      Good luck in your new school. Dom

      Delete
  4. Good morning Dom. I'm off to see father with your blog printed off for him to enjoy.
    Hope you had a good rest in Istanbul. :)

    ReplyDelete